Monday, May 23, 2011

Unfinished Business



Girlfriends Series, Book 1
Genre: Short Story, Chick-lit
Format: Amazon, Nook, and Smashwords
Price: $1.99


A Marriage of Convenience

**Blurb**

When Sydney Harris’ fiancĂ©, Lance Edwards, develops cold feet and walks out of her life, ten days before their wedding day. She finds herself propositioning her former lover, Phoenix Sander.

The moment she looks into his smoldering sherry-chocolate eyes, she knows she’s a goner. Phoenix is willing to marry Sydney, but only on his terms. Will Sydney give in to his ultimate?

**Excerpt**

Nix came to the door, towel draped against his sculptured body, moisture from his recent shower dripping down his chest. He looked good enough to eat. My fantasy from yesterday’s business meeting came back in real time, as I stood there mesmerized by his body.

“Sydney, what are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to you, Nix.”

“Make this quick, I’ve got an early call tomorrow morning,” he said, opening the door wide enough for me to pass through.

My nose honed in on his after-shower-scent and I found myself wishing to join him in the shower as we had done many times before: showering, making love, and then showering again.

“This is a beautiful house, Nix. You just moved in?” I asked. We were surrounded by unopened boxes.

“Yeah, I moved in on Saturday.”

“May I see the house, Nix?”

He didn’t answer me, but he did shake his head which I took as a “yes.” I went exploring. The basement level was unfinished, and the main floor had a spacious kitchen, formal dining room, and a huge living room. Eagerly, I climbed the stairs to the second level, and found three bedrooms. Two of them were big enough for a nursery and a combination library-study.

I walked into his master bedroom—which was the largest of the three bedrooms. It was elegantly furnished, and the walls had crown molding.

“Is this your work? I like what you’re doing to it, celery green wall paint, and my favorite is the French doors. Where does that door lead to?”

“Sydney, did you come here to talk, or to see my new home?”

I could hear the annoyance in Nix’s voice.

“I’m sorry. You know my passion for decorating a room. I think if you put the sleigh bed against the right wall, and not the left, it will give you even more space.”

“I’m a foreman now, and I have to be in Staten Island at six A. M., so say whatever you have to say, now!”

Nix was now standing in front of me; his sherry-chocolate eyes smoldered me, and stopped me in my track. I slowly backed away from him, feeling sexually threatened.

He smelled so good, his chest glistened, and I wanted—no needed to touch him. I fought my inward desires, because I was wet with need, and I needed to talk to him…

Available at Amazon, Nook, and Smashwords. Read an excerpt at Smashwords.

For more erotica tales visit my website: www.raewinters.com

0 comments:

Search Rae's Blog


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP